No, I ... I could never follow . . .
It's been two long years now, since the top of the world came crashing down ... and I'm getting it back on the road now ... but I'm taking the long way, taking the long way around. I'll just take my time, I won't lay down and take the long way around ... I fought with a stranger and I met myself, I opened my mouth and I heard myself. It can get pretty lonely when you show yourself, guess I could have made it easier on myself ... but I ... I could never follow. No I ... I could never follow ... I never seem to do it like anybody else. Maybe someday, someday I'm gonna settle down.
If you ever want to find me I can still be found ... taking the long way around. -the Dixie Chicks

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Canada Day Celebration in Seoul

July 1, 2007: Canada Day in Seoul with Canadian Chamber of Commerce.




The "Bus", this lovely yellow bus continuously took Canadians from the Subway at ...







World Soccer Stadium to Namji Campground in Seoul for the day's activities.















For those of you from Ottawa, it was no surprise that we had a gloomy day with scattered showers ... but isn't that what we Ottawa folk expect on Canada Day?!! :)

We took cover from the rain one of many "tepees" on the site, and felt the need to document our Canadian paraphernalia . . . I WISH I had worn/brought my SENS shirt.















... and the Band plays on . . .






while some crazy Canucks embrace the weather and prepare for the Annual Korean Mud Festival . . . I guess?!






Apart from the thrill of celebrating Canada Day abroad, there was another attraction to this event ... a round trip ticket from Seoul to Vancouver ... the Korean woman here was the winner and her excitement was infectious! I really was happy for her!



(read: darn, why her ... why not me?!)











p.s. note my festive choice of text colour!!

No comments: