No, I ... I could never follow . . .
It's been two long years now, since the top of the world came crashing down ... and I'm getting it back on the road now ... but I'm taking the long way, taking the long way around. I'll just take my time, I won't lay down and take the long way around ... I fought with a stranger and I met myself, I opened my mouth and I heard myself. It can get pretty lonely when you show yourself, guess I could have made it easier on myself ... but I ... I could never follow. No I ... I could never follow ... I never seem to do it like anybody else. Maybe someday, someday I'm gonna settle down.
If you ever want to find me I can still be found ... taking the long way around. -the Dixie Chicks

Saturday, June 16, 2007

Miffy Class - "Jill Teacher's" kindergarten class.
Miffy is a cartoon character, one of 10 class names. Other characters used are Snoopy, Simba, Kitty (as in Hello Kitty). Miffy is not as well known in Canada (or at least I didn't know of him) so I felt an explanation was in order!


These students started English School in February so they are at a very basic English level. There are 8 boys and 4 girls and they are adorable! Having a teaching degree for intermediate/senior students, I am still navigating my way through the "discipline challenge" associated with this age group! Thankfully my Korean Supervisor (who helps translate when they don't understand) is always nearby! They can be absolutely adorable and I often catch myself about to laugh at something they have done and quickly changing to my "discipline voice" to try to modify that behaviour!
Thankfully, bribery knows no language barrier and I came armed with hundreds of stickers for rewards! This was undoubtedly the most valuable tip I received prior to my departure from Canada. In fact, I might just have to request more from the dollar store be sent over, but I should be good for a few more months?!
Cheers!

No comments: