No, I ... I could never follow . . .
It's been two long years now, since the top of the world came crashing down ... and I'm getting it back on the road now ... but I'm taking the long way, taking the long way around. I'll just take my time, I won't lay down and take the long way around ... I fought with a stranger and I met myself, I opened my mouth and I heard myself. It can get pretty lonely when you show yourself, guess I could have made it easier on myself ... but I ... I could never follow. No I ... I could never follow ... I never seem to do it like anybody else. Maybe someday, someday I'm gonna settle down.
If you ever want to find me I can still be found ... taking the long way around. -the Dixie Chicks

Saturday, October 6, 2007

Korea ... Random Pics with short descriptions

Below you will find random photos of life in Korea for the past few months ... If you have any questions or want explanations ... just leave a comment and I will get back to you asap. I am having the time of my life!!



Seodaemun Prison - Liberation Day in Korea, August 15, 2007.























Baseball Game in Seoul
The game and cheerleaders - rather than having them on the field they are amongst the fans... great idea!!


















The beer guy ... looks like he might be carrying hotdogs too, right??!!

Nope, not in Korea ... here it's dried squid ... I tried it ... yup, not a fan...










Seoul Anglican Catherdral
my church in Korea. I travel 45 minutes on the subway into Seoul regularly on Sunday mornings to attend the "English Language Mission Seoul Anglican Diocese, An Anglican-Episcopal Community" at the Seoul Anglican Catherdral. The service is held in the Chapel of St. John the Baptist - a small room in the basement, and get this ... the service is held by a Vicar from Ireland!!

















Seongduk Palace

Around the corner from my Church is as well as City Hall and after my first Sunday service I caught the Changing of the Guard (or at least that is what I thought is was). What colourful outfits they are wearing ... put the Canadian Changing of the Guard in a different light. This is the entrance to Deoksugung Palace.

















King Sejong - was the fourth monarch of the Joseon Dynasty. Born May 15, 1397 he was th third son of King Taejong and died April 8, 1540.

Sejong created Hangul (the Korean alphabet) and improved moveable printing type, allowing many books to be published.






His thrown!












I spent a about an hour here, walking around, writing in my journal and enjoy the tranquility of the Palace and Gardens in the middle of Seoul. While taking photos a Korean asked me if I would like my photo taken ... so here it is!!









The palace in the middle of the city ... with the crane in the background ... old and new ... tranquility and chaos ...

No comments: