No, I ... I could never follow . . .
It's been two long years now, since the top of the world came crashing down ... and I'm getting it back on the road now ... but I'm taking the long way, taking the long way around. I'll just take my time, I won't lay down and take the long way around ... I fought with a stranger and I met myself, I opened my mouth and I heard myself. It can get pretty lonely when you show yourself, guess I could have made it easier on myself ... but I ... I could never follow. No I ... I could never follow ... I never seem to do it like anybody else. Maybe someday, someday I'm gonna settle down.
If you ever want to find me I can still be found ... taking the long way around. -the Dixie Chicks

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

6 days and counting...

6 Days and counting... I am slowly seeing family and friends before my departure... Kingston to see my neices ... then calgary to see my neice and nephew!

5 comments:

halix said...

This Blog is a great idea for you to keep everyone posted on your exciting new adventure. Look forward to seeing more.

Anonymous said...

Have fun and write often!!

KL said...

This is a great idea and almost more adventurous than your trip. Well in the sense that this blogging is such a foreign concept to me. I look forward to living vicariously through all your journeys and stories. What a wonderful age to be working with...you will have so much fun. Have a safe trip and let us know when you arrive.

Kara said...

Glad you arrived safely!! You sounded happy on the phone last night -- sorry I was groggy when I got your call and only chatted for a couple of minutes. Please send us your coordinates so we can get in touch by phone and snail mail.

Anonymous said...

We need an update!!! What is happening?